Raw Pork has been implicated in the cases of trichinellosis among party guests who ate a traditional Laotian dish called larb. The meat came from a domesticated wild boar (oxymoron anyone?) which was raised and slaughtered at the host’s private farm in northern California. The minced meat salad was served on December 28, 2017, and in January 2018, twelve cases were reported--nine were hospitalized with two in intensive care. The CDC said eating the raw pork was “significantly associated” with the illness. You think?? This illness involves ingesting worm larva which deposit eggs in the intestines. The eggs hatch and the resulting immature worms make their way into arteries and muscles. Sorry, the recipe was not available to share.